After reading this article, am believing God that we would know how to take our place in life and shine in every place God places us at any point in time and give him the glory. I will relate this article, Two Great Light (which is the sun and the moon) to God and Man (human) as the case may be. So let’s keep rolling.
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night – Genesis 1:3, 16a
God is the greater light, you are the lesser light. The lesser light get its strength (light) from the greater light in other to carry out its function.
God is the strength of your life, without him you can do nothing. – (John 15:5)
If we must actually come to the fullness of God’s purpose for our lives, then we must have come under the greater light and abide in His presence. He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.” Psalms 91:1
Think about the sun, the sun shines so brightly to light up the day that you could (if not impossible) hardly see the moon. Well, it looks like the moon is not there but it’s actually there because the moon didn’t just appear at night.
What was the moon doing then? The moon was abiding under the shadow of the sun (the greater light) so as to carry out its function at night. The moon is the lesser light.
So many people want to shine today without the strength of the greater light. They don’t want to come under “ but if my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face – Wait a minute, don’t you think the moon was ‘seeking the face of the sun’ all through the day? You can’t just shine! Note that the fact you are coming under (the greater light) doesn’t mean you are not great. Remember, “And God made TWO GREAT LIGHTS” It means you are great. You are great in that place where God has placed you to carry out His purpose, but if you do not realise this, you may be trying to play the role of God where you find yourself and doing this will always result to failure and regret of not being able to fulfil that purpose God has placed you there to do. We cannot play the role of God or rather say, we cannot play the greater light, we can only receive strength to play our part as a god only when we come under the greater light and abide in His presence.
The truth about God is that God is benevolent. Do you know that God can single-handedly do all things anywhere, anytime, everywhere and every time without us (the lesser lights)? And you are not indispensable you know? But for his good will “for he is good: because his mercy endureth forever” he decided to let us play a role to reflect His glory. Yes, we can only reflect His glory, we cannot take it.
Below is a step by step guide on how you can come under the greater light (if you are not) in order to shine. But before I proceed, an agreement needs to be met. “Can two walk together, accept they be agreed?“ Amos 3:3 The greater light will give His condition and the lesser light will decide.
“Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:“ Isaiah 1:18, 19
- Acknowledge: “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;“ Romans 3:23. You have been operating contrary to divine prescription and need forgiveness
- Confess: “Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.“ Psalms 51:1
- Reject: “Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace” “thou shalt put away iniquity far from thy tabernacles.“ Job 22:21a, 23b; 11:13, 14. Refuse to be enticed to play the role of God and come under Him.
- Believe: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.“ Romans 10:9. Have faith in the greater light. He cannot fail you.
- Accept: accept Him into your life and make Him your Lord and Saviour. Accept the greater light by accepting that you are the lesser light. Remember, making him your Lord and Saviour means that He is now the dictator and director of your life. He is now enthroned. Whatever has been on the throne of your heart (self, pride, position, etc.) has now been dethroned.
Now that you have accepted to come under, you have accepted the Greater Light into your life and He is now seated upon the throne of your heart,
Your Light Must Shine!